PHP is a lettering language that is transliterated with a server and developers use it to develop Static websites, Dynamic websites, and applications. Originally, PHP was the acronym for Personal Home Pages but is now stands for Hypertext Pre-processor. You need a PHP installed PC to run the logics of PHP. While a client who wants to access the PHP letterings requires a website browser like Chrome and internet explorer only.
If you see a tag that ends with the word “.php” it would be a PHP script.
This article will explain the following chapters related to custom php application development.
- Introduction to Scripting Language
- Comparison of Scripting VS Programming Language
- What is the complete form of PHP?
- What is the Syntax of PHP?
- Why to prefer PHP?
Introduction to the scripting language
A script is a range of program logics that are transliterated at runtime.
- As the name implies a scripting language is a language or set of instructions that translate scripts at runtime. Scripts are usually fixed into other software also. There are two types of scripts i.e. Server-side and client-side. A server interprets server-side scrip and a client interprets a client-side script.
- We need scripts to improve the functionality of an application so that it helps us to do daily tasks more conveniently.
Comparison of Scripting VS Programming Language
- This language has a significant role in php app development.
- You need to compile logic code before executing.
- You don’t need to fix it with other languages.
- Easy to use for daily tasks.
- You don’t need to compile code before executing.
- It is usually fixed into other software environments.
What is the complete form of PHP?
PHP originally meant – Personal Home Page, but it now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
You can fix PHP code into HTML code, or combine it with several web platform services.
What is the Syntax of PHP?
- The additional advantage of HTML:PHP Language is a very user-friendly one and anybody can learn it without knowing HTML. But, the basics of HTML are encouraged to be learned before going towards PHP.
- DBMS which stands for Data Base Management Systems for database-powered applications.
Why prefer PHP?
There are several reasons to use PHP over other languages at custom php app development, some of the persuasive reasons are:
- PHP can be used without purchasing a license.
- Can be learned easily as compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP, etc.
- It is most compatible with most web hosting servers unlike languages like ASP that need IIS to run.
- PHP is no doubt a cost-effective choice.
- Version of PHP is updated after short intervals at PHP development firm that keep it equipped with the latest technology trends.